Sunday, September 16, 2012

Some Arenac County Probate Files (Index)


Cameron, Ella  Folio 114
Cameron, Charlotte  681 - Calendar
 Cameron, John A. 372  Calendar
 Cameron, John  351
Cameron, Peter  365  File 830  Calendar 255
Cameron, Hugh     #___?**
Cameron, Jesse  2191? - 559
Cameron, Frances  2264

*Realized as I was composing this blog that even though I have copies of Richard Cameron's probate file from Arenac County, Michigan (see link above), I'm not sure that Folio 88 is the correct number because I don't have the file/folio number written down...Geez... . [Believe it's the only file for Richard Cameron, but will have to verify it]

From the website of Cameron descendant Sandy Nye:

**child viii. Ewen (Hugh) CAMERON was born on 19 Jun 1860. He died on 23 Feb 1929. Was a batchelor, died of acute indigestion. Probate records included distribution of oil well rights to family members

Note:  My grandmother [Beatrice (Cameron) Powers; her father Donald was Ewen's brother] was an heir; when she died her portion of Ewen (Hugh) Cameron's estate was inherited by me and my siblings (Dad pre-deceased his mother by a couple of months, so what would have been his share passed to us).  The shares are basically worthless in terms of money, but the documentation determining Ewen (Hugh) Cameron's heirs is valuable to a genealogist.

No comments: