Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Donald R. Cameron Died In 1972

Donald R. Cameron, the son of Donald & Anna (Cameron) Cameron, died on June 18, 1972. On Monday, June 19, 1972, a brief obituary was published in the Flint Journal. An expanded obituary was found on June 21, 1972:

Flint Journal [MI]
Wednesday, June 21, 1972, p. 68
Cameron, Donald R.
1806 Webster Road
Age: 61
Mr. Cameron was born in Michigan on May 21, 1911. He was employed at the Chevrolet Manufacturing Division, retiring in 1955. Surviving are son, Donald R. Cameron, of Salt Lake City, Utah; two sisters, Mrs. Ralph (Beatrice) Powers of Swartz Creek and Mrs. Warren (Blanche) Stout of Flint, and a brother, Archie Johnston of Canada.

If I ever met my great-uncle, Donald R. Cameron, I don't remember doing so. Why was that? I knew his sister, my great-aunt, Blanche Stout, very well. I was almost 20 years old when he died, lived in the same area, and visited my grandparents often. Hmmm....

No comments: