Friday, November 26, 2010

Update on The Some Descendants of James & Julia (Dunning) Cameron Blog Post

 On the blog post about "Some Descendants of James & Julia (Dunning) Cameron" I mentioned that I couldn't find Asa Cameron in the 1900 census.  Thanks to Pat*, who is a descendant of Asa Cameron, Asa and his family was found in the 1900 census in Munising, Alger County, Michigan.

*Message left by Pat (without non-genealogical information)
Asa Cameron was my Great grandfather, Grace was my grandmother. Asa is listed in the 1900 census but spelled wrong. Look for Acey Cansmern or Cansmen. On 1900 census, Ancestry.com, Munising, Alger, Mi. ED 4, Image 52 of 57, line 430. It should read, Asa, Caroline, Manley, Earl, Ethel, Grace and Dewey. Debby Patterson was the mother of all these children, except, Dewey Alfred. Carrie also had another boy in 1901, Roy Asa, but he died in 1901.  I have my Cameron info on Ancestry.com, see Wilkerson/White tree.
 
More feedback from another Cameron researcher was sent to me via e-mail:
You have both Eva & Ethel  Udorah born 1888 and I have Ethel Deborah Cameron born 10 Jan 1888.  I don't think Eva born July 1888 could be their daughter. The familysearch I think just made a mistake in the transcription putting Udorah instead of Deborah. Seeking Michigan has her death record.  Ethel Deborah Cameron married John Knox on May 6, 1908, in Munising, Michigan.

In the original post I had an Eva Cameron, daughter of Asa & Debby with a DOB of July 1888 -- that cannot be correct because of the obvious conflict with Ethel Deborah Cameron's DOB of January 1888.  An entry here, indexed as Eva Camenre, daughter of Asa & Debby, listed Eva's DOB as January 1888; an entry** (probably indexed from the same source) listed the same Eva's DOB as June 1888 and I had it as July 1888.  The date on the original source** (with the infant's name) was not only unreadable -- it's torn off.  Eva & Ethel are probably the same person with a DOB of January 1888.

UPDATE: December 15, 2010 (per an e-mail):

Asa Cameron m. 2nd Caroline Elizabeth Lawson, daughter of Alfred & Caroline (Ruggles) Lawson; Caroline (Carrie) was named as Carrie Van Amberg on the marriage record (it was originally thought that she was a Van Amberg but it now looks as though she was married 1st to Henry Van Amberg).














































No comments: